When you sign up with Finix, you're given a sandbox account that allows you to login and access the Finix Dashboard.
Your Finix point of contact will help you use this sandbox account to build your payments experience. Once ready, your Finix point of contact will help you gain access to a live environment to process live transactions.
Signing Up and Getting an Account
You can sign up for a Finix account using the Sign Up button in docs or by getting in touch with us through the Get Started button on the Finix website.
After you sign up, you'll gain access to a sandbox account created for you. The sandbox account is an
Application which represents your platform. A person from Finix will eventually reach out to discuss your payment needs.
- New users can be added from the Company > Users and Roles tab.
- You can create API credentials in the Developer tab of the dashboard and share them with your developer so they can start developing their integration .
- A detailed technical breakdown of the different roles and their permissions is available in User Roles .
Credentials and Logging In
When you only have access to a sandbox environment, logging in to the dashboard takes you straight to the homepage of the sandbox account. Once you have a live account, you will see an account selection screen where you can choose to enter sandbox or live.
Sandbox and Live Environments
Finix maintains two separate systems or environments:
- A sandbox environment where you build and test your integration with Finix.
- A live environment where you'll process live transactions and real money movements (also called a production environment).
Anything that happens in sandbox environments will not affect real life money so you can experiment in sandbox environment and be assured funds won't move.
When you gain live access, you'll be granted a live environment. You'll still have your sandbox account, so you can keep your sandbox and live environments separate. Once you think you're ready, you can proceed to apply for a live environment.
Applying for Live Environment
Accessing a live environment allows you to process live transactions. Before a live environment can be granted, Finix needs to evaluate your business and integration.
To get a live account, you need to:
- Use the integration checklist to determine if your implementation is complete.
- Pass the sandbox certification . Finix's support team will evaluate your sandbox account to determine all steps were successfully completed.
business requirements or restrictions
- Make sure Finix supports your use cases.
- Align with your Finix point of contact on your use cases.
operational readiness training
- Reach out to your Finix point of contact to perform the training.
- Have the training and ensure you meet any additional considerations.
Resolve business terms and sign contract. You will be given a dedicated Live
Applicationaccount and can start processing transactions in live.
With the Finix Dashboard, you can manage your Finix account and configure how payments get processed on your platform. Learn more in our Dashboard guide.
Operational Readiness Training
Finix manages the vast majority of operational considerations in running a payment platform day to day. Before you take your application live, we'll train you on the topics we expect you to manage. This is called Operational Readiness Training.
Operational readiness training makes sure you are using the dashboard correctly and that you are ready to manage these essential areas:
- Understanding seller onboarding and how to manage from dashboard.
That you understand how
fee collection and the fee profile works
- You will need to know about the reports available to you and have a plan on which reports you will use.
- Navigating payments (transfer and authorizations), how to manage failed payments, and refunding a payment.
Settlements and payouts flow
- This includes understanding timelines and key terms.
- Dispute Management
Your Finix point of contact will arrange the Operational Readiness training prior to getting access to a live environment.