If you've previously used a different payment provider, Finix enables you to import your existing customer's data and tokenized payment details into your Finix account.
Transmitting payment details of any kind requires extra PCI considerations. Finix has several resources available to take on those PCI considerations and help platforms bring their customer’s payment details over to Finix from any payment provider.
Migrating your existing customer's data allows you to continue charging customers without any disruptions or asking them to provide their payment details again.
To migrate your platform’s tokenized payment data to Finix, you’ll need to:
- Reach out to Finix and let us know you’d like to migrate tokens and payment data from your original payment provider.
- Reach out and notify the original processor that you’d like to migrate your tokens and payment data to Finix.
- Finix will work with you and the original processor to receive the encrypted Primary Account Numbers (PANs) and other payment details. Once received, Finix will work with you to import the tokens and other payment details into your Finix account.
- When the import process is complete , Finix will follow up with a file that contains the new Finix payment tokens and how they map to the tokens of the original processor.
Reach out to Finix and let us know you’d like to migrate payment data from your original provider into Finix. You can reach out to your Finix point of contact or email@example.com.
Once the migration request is made, Finix will begin making the needed technical preparations.
Reach out to the original processor and let them know you’d like to migrate your tokens to Finix. These requests can often be submitted through your original provider's support channels.
- In your request, ask the original processor to provide the encrypted tokens and other payment details in a JSON file.
Include Finix on the request to keep us in the loop. Reaching out helps give the processor permission to begin working on the migration with Finix.
Finix will work with you and the original processor to receive the encrypted Primary Account Numbers (PANs) and other payment details.
The original processor will need to use a PGP key provided by Finix to encrypt data before transmitting it to Finix. See Finix PGP Key for Finix's PGP key.
- Some processors have policies that limit where they can transmit tokenized data. In these cases, you may need to communicate with the processor directly to ensure Finix receives the required data.
- If requested, Finix's most recent PCI DSS Attestation of Compliance (AoC) is available by request under a signed non-disclosure agreement with Finix.
It can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks for your original processor to transfer your payment data to Finix, so be sure to accommodate this transition time in your migration plan.
When Finix receives the file from the original processor, we’ll begin decrypting the data in a PCI-compliant environment and importing the tokens. If there's any reason the data can't be used, we'll outline what's wrong and work with you and the original processor to resolve the issue.
When the import is complete, Finix will reach out with a CSV that contains the new Finix payment tokens and how they map to the tokens of the original processor.
The import process maps the originals processor’s token IDs to new Finix token IDs, identities, and custom fields. You can then use the newly created
Payment Instrumentsand other data in your Finix integration.
The CSV will contain the following fields:
||ID generated by Finix that you can use to refer to a specific import.|
||The ID of the new Finix
||The ID of the
||The ID of the
||Details if a Finix
Available values include:
||A unique ID (generated by your original provider) that you can use to refer to this specific customer and the payment details they had saved with your original payment provider.|
||The token ID that your original payment provider created to identify the customer's tokenized payment details.|
||The email address saved for the customer with the original payment provider.|
||Last four digits of the payment card.|
||The brand of the payment card.|
||Expiration month (e.g. 12 for December).|
||4-digit expiration year.|
The CSV will look something like this:
import_reference_number,finix_instrument_id,finix_identity_id,finix_application_id,successful,external_customer_id,external_token_id,customer_email,instrument_last_four,card_brand,expiration_month,expiration_year 220621_0001,,ID3kECdurEneu3VTFHE8SFPa,AP8uRTYbcPH2J4rJYxP6yLzW,False,cus_abc123def456,badTokenID,firstname.lastname@example.org,,,, 220621_0001,PIobQGhj4pWpP4r27nM6V2eX,ID3kECdurEneu3VTFHE8SFPa,AP8uRTYbcPH2J4rJYxP6yLzW,True,cus_abc123def456,card_edf214abc789,email@example.com,4242,VISA,1,2024 220621_0001,PIpDSDmq1j67jo1kiXy9sZ4Q,IDdqvPdS1PK9cPqEh1RoMgzX,AP8uRTYbcPH2J4rJYxP6yLzW,True,cus_abc123def459,card_edf214abc789,firstname.lastname@example.org,4242,VISA,1,2024 220621_0001,PIo5F3acQXa6Lx4m3AYA1nsN,IDdqvPdS1PK9cPqEh1RoMgzX,AP8uRTYbcPH2J4rJYxP6yLzW,True,cus_abc123def459,card_123,email@example.com,4242,VISA,1,2024
With the CSV, you can make the necessary changes to get customers started processing payments on Finix.
Finix’s support team is also available to help guide you through the migration process and help make the changes that need to get made to your platform.